Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Winter Wedding with the help of ABC


I just returned from my first winter wonderland ceremony in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, a quaint historical town built around a beautiful waterfall. The wedding took place at St. Joan of Arc, a local Catholic church and was officiated by a priest who is also a family friend.

I had two months to plan a 150-person destination wedding weekend for Sharise and Tim, who live in Manhattan Beach, California. Quite a challenge, as I had never been to the great state of Ohio.  They chose Chagrin Falls, Tim's home town, and since the groom had the larger family, they selected a location most convenient for keeping travel to a minimum. 

They had most of their events; rehearsal dinner, welcome night gathering for out of town guests and wedding reception at The Hillbrook Club www.clubhillbrook.com

It's an outstanding club, reminiscent of a fairytale dream princess estate.  The ballroom holds up to 200 people and the tavern 80 people. It was perfect for the rehearsal dinner, which we designed with two long tables of 35 guests each, and a living room that held up to 125; again perfect for our welcome night reception. Their service standards far exceeded my Ritz-Carlton expectations!

I opted not to travel with my team from Los Angeles. Instead, I invited a few of the local top ABC professionals to help
:

Kathy Piech Lukas, owner of A Dream Day Events 
A Dream Day Events Manager, Annette Troescher www.yourdreamday.com
Day-of help, Heidi Baumgart www.heidzillas.com 
A special thanks to: 
Videography: John Goolsby www.godfatherfilms.com 

Photography: Jonathan Koslen www.newimagephotgraphy.com 
 Florist: Heather Thomas www.heatherlily.com 
Rentals: www.Lnique.com 
Entertainment: DJ Larry Kopniske

The first secret to accomplishing so much in such a short time, miles from home in an unfamiliar small town is Quality Connections. Thank God for Association of Bridal Consultants.  The largest association of bridal consultants worldwide www.bridalassn.com  As a keynote speaker since 2007, I have had the privilege to meet professionals from all over, with like-minded business practices.  

The second secret is working with a couple that trusts my style, judgment and ability to make magic within the budget allowed! 

Learn more about how I handled the 10+ toasts at the wedding reception, 2 wedding crashers,  and the 3+ hours of toasts and the rehearsal dinner.  I will be presenting details during my tour book signing and speaking tour in Ohio.
I’m looking forward to more Ohio ~ Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati March 11-14th for speaking engagements and book signings. 


More details on my speaking calendar 

Much gratitude!
Mary


Winter Wonderland Wedding in Chagrin Falls, Ohio with Mary Dann from Godfather Films on Vimeo.














No comments: